Wednesday 4 June 2014

Useful phrases: At the souvenir shop

Some phrases we may use when looking around a souvenir shop


At souvenir shops
Aux magasins de souvenirs
Hello!
Bonjour Monsieur / Madame
I would like / do you have…
Je voudrais / avez-vous
I am just looking
Je regarde seulement
I would like that please
Je voudrais ça s'il vous plaît Monsieur / Madame
a post card
une carte postale
a book
un livre
a mug
une grande tasse / une chope / un mug (!)
a pencil / pen / rubber / ruler
un crayon / un stylo / une gomme / une règle
a hat
une casquette
a packet of sweets
un paquet de bonbons
it's for my father / brother / grandfather
c'est pour mon père / frère / grand-père
it's for my mother / sister / grandmother
c'est pour ma mère / sœur / grand-mère
How much is that?
C'est combien?
There you are ..
Voilà …
Sorry, I have no change
Désolé(e), je n'ai pas de monnaie
Sorry, it’s too expensive for us
Désolé(e), c'est trop cher pour nous
Thanks and goodbye"
Merci et au revoir Monsieur / Madame!
I love this shop!  It's great!
J'adore ce magasin! C'est chouette!

No comments:

Post a Comment